Monday 19 November 2018

Fantastic Nails and Why I Painted Them

Not to reveal my true age, but I remember when "Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban" was only available in hardcover. I am not quite at the hipster level of having discovered the Wizarding World when there was only the one book, but I was dedicated enough to be in line in 2003 for the midnight release of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."
And in 2005 for "The Half-Blood Prince." And 2007 for the long-awaited finale: "The Deathly Hallows." I was in line at the theatre every year in between and until 2011 for all of the movie adaptations. And then, as I'm sure you know, the magic was revived in late 2016 with the brand new movie prequel series Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
Of course the Wizarding World has a dedicated shelf in my personal library.
Here is another instance where Polish Love Meets Book Love (and movie love). I have drawn inspiration from the Wizarding World on multiple occasions since my nail art journey began in 2014. There is so much beautiful imagery it's hard to deny the magic when it calls to me.
The magic doesn't always inspire a winner.
And here I am again, in line in 2018 for the sequel to the prequel, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. In preparation for the newest movie I did Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them-inspired nails for a third time:
Greedy li'l nifflers.
The star of this design is the infamous niffler Dougal, a key character in the first film. I borrowed the colour scheme from "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: The Original Screenplay" cover art.
Most beautiful books on my shelves.
MinaLima has hit it out of the qudditch field once again with the cover art for the new screenplay.

If it has the Harry Potter name on it I will be in line for it, and I will paint my nails for it. Even if it hasn't been worth my time every time.

Polishes used: China Glaze "Turned Up Turquoise" and "Counting Carats;" Essie "Rock At The Top." Details done in acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment