Sunday 30 September 2018

Pumpkins, and Plaid, and Foxes. Oh My!

The most wonderful time of year has finally arrived! The mercury has fallen below 20C and it is officially Sweater Weather. This means the scarf weather is right around the corner, and I am ready and waiting with my seasonally-appropriate nails.

@Clairestelle8 has once again helped guide my nailspiration. The second-last prompt for #clairestelle8sept is "plaid." Now, I am no stranger to plaid: it was actually my first attempt at nail art that wasn't a glitter gradient.
I've gotten a lot better at cleanup. And not using emo filters.
For September 2018, though, I wanted to elevate my plaid design beyond the 4 matching nails I've been known to do in the past. What else was popular this month? Pumpkin Spice? ...That won't work.

Another famous beverage chain was using a certain fluffy mammal for their fall merchandising, and that was exactly what my plaid design needed.

After making myself a mug of tea, I searched YouTube for a tutorial to help me perfect this design. None other than the lovely @Elleandish popped up in the results. She may have hung up her dotting tools to become a mom, but her video tutorials are eternally relevant.
Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
The #plaidnails accent nail may be cheating for a plaid prompt, but the design will still keep me warm and cozy this cool September.

Base polish: Essie "lapiz of luxury." Orange polish: Aurora "Safety Orange." Details: acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment