Monday 5 October 2015

When Polish Love Meets Book Love

I have always prided myself on my love of books. I have all of the necessities: Harry Potter, Uglies , Twilight saga, Hunger Games, Divergent. I love to read the books that everyone is talking about, and I have found the best way to get into the conversation is to join a book club!
And a couple months ago I found the best possible book club: The Polished Bookworms. We take Facebook polls to narrow down what our reading list will be, and then at the end of the month everyone shares manis inspired by the written word. It's always interesting to see how all these different minds interpret the messages and imagery from the same source!

For September 2015 we chose to read Yes Please by Amy Poehler. Many of us had trouble finishing the book, which, regrettably, includes myself. I guess we're more fiction people than autobiography people. But I did get far into it. She shared her experiences and put a positive twist on it. The entire time she was like, "This happened and it made me who I am." (not a direct quote).

That positive attitude is what fueled my mani:



I went for some classic yellow smiley faces, because they always instill happiness in anyone who sees them. My nieces and coworkers all giggled and oo-ed and "Did you do that yourself?"-ed over them.

I used O.P.I. I Just Can't Cope-acabana as my base, and yes, that IS Chine Glaze's Point Me To The Party on my pinky accent. The smiley faces were drawn by hand with my Sally Hansen Black striper.

I've already started reading our book for October, All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr...

No comments:

Post a Comment