Friday 16 October 2015

Strip Me Off

Since inviting myself into the world of nail art addiction, I paint my nails approximately 5 times a week. I have created an evening ritual where I come home, make and eat supper, then paint my nails while watching Netflix. Considering that I change my nail polish as often as I change my underwear, the Daily Removal Process is a time-consuming nightmare.
Fill cotton ball with remover; scrub until the cows come home; fill another cotton ball; repeat as necessary. And if there's glitter involved? Nope. There had to be a better way!

I have discovered that the one Holy Grail above all other Holy Grail nail art addiction necessities is a peel-off base coat.

I was watching this Simplynailogical video and she mentions the role her peel-off base coat of choice plays in her routine, making me realize it was something I needed in my life. I would love to try the one she uses, but it's a $10 product, plus $9 shipping, so... Off to Walmart I went, where I bought the NYC peel-off option for $1.77 (one of the ones that Simplenailogical specifically recommends against).


This baby is the answer to all my problems; when I sit down to do a new mani all I have to do is gently "peel off" the last one. This new Removal Process is a fraction of the time, effort, and supplies involved in my initial routine.

I used Sally Hansen Miracle Gel "Games of Chromes" to showcase NYC "Strip Me Off"'s talent.


I do have to disclose, though, that sometimes it works a little too well. On more than one occasion, I have been at work and looked down to discover that one of my nails has lost its clothes! Unfortunately, that now means that I remove my polish before I start work. While it does sadden me, working with naked nails is a small price to pay for freedom from cotton balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment