Wednesday 11 November 2015

Words As Art

The writer in me finds harmony with the artist in me when we see words as art. On T-shirts, home decor, coffee mugs. And nails. Especially nails. There's just something about seeing little letters, all colourful, alongside other colourful shapes to make a sophisticated design. And, if they really know what they're doing, GLITTER!



I'm not about to hand-draw, teeny-tiny script on my nails — I have neither the equipment nor the patience for that feat. Luckily, there are stamping plates!  MoYou London's Scholar 02, specifically, is the one I used to achieve the script in my #notd.

The image used is framed by my three fingers.
I have no idea what this image says. I actually don't think it's in English. But in this case it's about appearances, not content! The big heart was hand drawn, and the smaller "floating" hearts are from my elleandish stamping plate. (See? It's so versatile!)

I decided my paper-coloured script mani needed more of a paper effect: insert matte top coat.

Much better.
I have purchased so many shirts just because they had the same kind of illegible cursive on them. I also bought a gorgeous, script-covered $40 throw pillow. The only throw pillow I own... I may have what is considered an "addiction." But don't worry, it's nothing like my addiction to "Point Me To The Party." 

Polishes used: O.P.I. "My Vampire Is Buff," Essie "Rock At The Top," Sally Hansen Miracle Gel "Pink Up," Essence "Chic Reloaded," and Sally Hansen "Big Matte Top Coat" (yes, 50% from Loblaws).


No comments:

Post a Comment