Thursday 12 October 2017

Carnival of Irrationality

There is a lot to be learned from TV: manners, quick wit, unrealistic expectations for romance. It is an especially good resource for irrational fears. Are there really any blood-thirsty clowns off of the silver screen? Not to mention the effect Hollywood has had on the perception of clowns' stamping grounds, The Circus.

That being said, the next prompt I have done for #clairestelle8halloween is "creepy carnival."

When I think "carnival" I think striped tents and secrets. I have never been to a carnival in person, but I have visited a couple in books (one of which I highly recommend). They are filled with magic and mystery, secret agendas and plot twists galore!

The best way I found to depict "creepy carnival" on my nails was to drop the "creepy" aspect, and simply represent "carnival." 
Ooh, creepy floating masks. Spooky!
The main tent; iconic string of flags; masks to hide the character's true identity; feathers to... because I said so.

They may appear to be less Hallowe'en-y than other "creepy carnival" nail designs, but it's there. You're being irrational; the lack of creepiness is just all in your head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment